Wednesday, January 21, 2009

An optimistic look toward tomorrow.


Boy, this stone must be really working. I'm on a roll with this blog thing today. LOL!

So, there's this new fella I haven't mentioned yet. Well, quite frankly there's not much to say as we haven't been on our first "meet-and-greet." Before you judge, let me tell you the story.

While one of my American friends was visiting during the holiday, she mentioned this one guy to me "Morris". She actually told me about him a year or so ago, but I kinda brushed it off as I was in a place where I wasn't really dating but preparing for my move here to London. Anyhow, his name came back around and she told me how he works here in London every so often. She was hoping to catch up with him while here and even tried contacting his mother. The two of them were childhood neighbors growing up in Massachusetts.

Nonetheless, my interest perked two days prior to her departure with her mentioning Morris again. This time she went into more detail, telling me how he works in the financial industry and lives in NYC. She had me Facebook him. To my surprise, he was there. I sent him a note on "her behalf" (knowing she was to fly out in less than 48 hours). I wrote something like, "Hi, I'm a friend of your neighbor ... She wanted to see if she could meet up with you if you're here in London." Two days later I received a friend acceptance and an e-mail from him, telling her he said "Hello" and him saying he'll send me a note next time he's on this side on the pond.

I wrote him back something general and didn't mention his note. I noticed on his page that he was still NYC. I checked out everything on his page. Soon enough, I learned he was on his way back to London. Surprisingly, he had a lot of information on his page. Probably too much for someone like me. LOL! His birthday (is the same as my brother's), his address in New York City, telephone numbers in NYC and in London and his profession as a financial trader --- as well as the company he works for and his previous employer Merrill Lynch. Indeed, there was a lot to see and a lot that impressed. Most importantly was his "single" status under relationship. Interesting. My cousin questions why he is single, and know I hate that question when asked, but it is something to think about. He is 29, great career, place in NYC and he works in both New York and London. I think it's because he's busy --- maybe too busy for a relationship. Who knows. I could analyze this all day and not get anywhere and I dare not ask him. It's just so inappropriate for guys to ask me, "Why are you single?" I don't think there is EVER a great response to that. If you answer the question, you're immediately given the twice-over. Egh. I prefer to catch men by surprise --- let them find out on their own. LOL!

Anyhow, I e-mailed him to his Gmail addy and asked if he would like to do coffee or tea soon. He responded with a yes and said he's usually free on Sundays. So, in our brief chit chats on Gmail IM and a few breezy e-mails, I learned he was going to be here indefinitely. Um, interesting. Oh and as suspected --- he works late --- like in 8 or 9 p.m. late throughout the week. I guess that comes with the territory.

Well, there you have it. We have a "meet-and-greet" set soon at a coffee house/restaurant/bar in central London. So, I guess we'll see how it goes.

Here's to Hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment